Saturday, July 27, 2013

Engagement Party - Summer Soiree Style

Kicking off the wedding celebrations, my wonderful family threw us an engagement party in Iowa this past weekend.  Mom and Joe have been preparing their home for weeks to make it look just perfect.  Mom and Alice did an amazing job of decorating and adding all those special touches that made the party feel extra special. 

We all traveled home Thursday night, on Friday Mom, Joe, Bart and I went into town and got some big things accomplished!  We got Joe a suit for the wedding, Bart a suit for the wedding, stopped and saw the dress mom picked out and officially ordered it, and Bart and I got our wedding rings!  I was soooooooo excited to finally get the rings as this is something Bart and I have been researching and looking and looking and researching and FINALLY found 2 perfect rings :-).  Couldn't be happier!  Michael at Shamrocks is even giving Bart a great idea for our one year anniversary (gotta love having a family friend that is a jeweler)!!  After a nice lunch at the view we went home to start setting up for the party.  Crissy and Miss Elly came out for a visit - that little baby is so freaking cute, walking and all!!  The boys set up a tent which after taking a couple hours to complete, Joe promptly decided he didn't like it and took it back down (man I love a perfectionist!!). 

Josh and Boogie got in a little pool time


My furry nephew lounged in the sun watching his little brother.

Saturday morning it was time for the final touches and setting up for the big party!  Everything looked absolutely wonderful!







 True Iowa style, we have a huge trough of beer... I'm pretty sure this was Bart's favorite part of the decorations :-)


Josh kept saying that there was a homeless man that kept hanging around... he ended up staying for the party.

This was the first time that our families met!  It was so wonderful that everyone was able to join the party and meet each other. 
Bart, Andy, Ala, and Monica

My parents, Bart's parents, Bart's Aunt/Uncle, Josh/Alice, Bart/Monica


Bart and I (before it got cold)

 My wonderful maid of honor Crissy! 
 All of my bridesmaids were at the party - look at that pretty bunch!! 

Alice, Me, Crissy, & Amanda

I cannot thank them enough for coming back to celebrate - it means so much to me that they were all there and kicking off the wedding celebrations.  I am one lucky girl to have these 3 ladies stand up with me on the big day!

Bart and I (after it got chilly)

So many relatives and neighbors and lots of people I may or may not have known came and drank and joined in the celebration.  Bart and I are so lucky to have these people in our lives, this experience would not be nearly as special or memorable without these people around us!  Bart's cousins Andrew and Laura surprised us by making the trip - not sure how I didn't get a picture with them - but we really loved the surprise and we're soooo glad they made it!!!

A huge huge huge huge thank you to Mom, Joe, Josh and Alice for throwing this summer soiree and making us feel like the luckiest kids in the world! 

1 comment:

  1. What a great engagement party idea! Heard a lot about LA venues and thinking to book one for my brother's bachelor party. Drinks and desserts of all varieties will be ordered as not sure about the guests taste. Dinner will be continental of course. Hunting for a professional photographer and anchor too.

    ReplyDelete